Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Skip the Favors, Donate to the ACS

Cancer is a subject that I can unfortunately relate to very well...several members of my family have passed away from cancer, including my father-in-law. With that being said, my own father is a cancer survivor which is why I am a big supporter of the American Cancer Society. If you too, can relate to what I am talking about, I encourage you to donate to the ACS in lieu of traditional guest favors. For example, simply take what you would have spent per guest on a favor (is it $1.00 per guest or maybe $5.00 per guest?), multiple by the # of guests attending your wedding, and donate that money to a foundation or charity that is close to your heart. The ACS will even print a personalized message on a stationary item of your choice in honor of a loved one you are remembering. One of my Fall '08 brides actually just did this at her wedding in honor of her father who passed away from cancer. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with this favor...guests can't throw this favor away when they return home and they can't leave it at their table at the end of the night. Check out the ACS's wedding favor website for more information about donating!

No comments: