Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Dream Wedding Design :: A Southern Garden Affair

http://theweddingshoebox.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/sumerschmidt6.jpg

Several weeks ago I introduced The Wedding Shoebox to you, a blog dedicated to showcasing what the wedding pro's would do for their own wedding. Last week my dream wedding design, "Southern Garden" was featured on their blog! Valerie Metrejean {mastermind behind The Wedding Shoebox} did a fantastic job putting my inspiration board together! Those of you who know me, know that I am happily married to my husband of nearly 2 years; however, I often tease my husband that we should have a wedding every year! If I had to do it all over again (there's always a vow renewal, right?!), my wedding would look something like what is pictured above...an afternoon southern garden affair.

Inspiration ::

My inspiration for my dream wedding design comes from growing up in the South. There’s something about spring time in the South that makes my heart melt! The smell of fresh flowers in the garden, birds chirping, and chimes floating in the wind…ahhh…there’s nothing better in my opinion. Late afternoon as the sun is just beginning to set would be the ideal time of day for my outdoor garden wedding.

Details ::

I love the southern charm feel to the wedding design as a whole. I consider myself to be a girly-girl, therefore, it was important for me to include feminine details throughout the design. Lace, beautiful blooms, and shades of pink are all key elements that I wanted to incorporate.

To see the entire blog post, including photo credits, visit The Wedding Shoebox.

No comments: