Friday, July 13, 2012

End of Wedding Season | Maternity Leave

For those that don't know, my husband and I are expecting our first child (a baby boy!) due in August! This past weekend we wrapped up our final wedding of 2012! It feels unbelievably surreal to say that. Even though our season was relatively short compared to recent years, we completed 7 weddings in just 10 weeks all while I was pregnant. It was no easy feat, and I have to thank SO many people around me for their amazing support and assistance.

As I begin my maternity leave and get ready to hand over my trusty clipboard + wedding tote for bottles + a diaper bag, I can't help but look back on all of the incredible moments I've witnessed at the 40+ weddings I've been lucky to have been apart of. 

To my Clients - As I've said many times in the past, I am extremely lucky to have worked with soooo many amazing couples. Many of my brides have become very dear friends, and I am so grateful for that. Today, I am reflecting on this post I wrote nearly 1 year ago. These could not be more fitting words for how I feel about all of you. Seeing so many of you purchase your first homes, travel the world with your spouses, and become first time parents is what I love so much about my continued friendships with all of you. Please continue to keep in touch! 

To Meghan - Simply put, you ROCK! How can I ever thank you for all of your hard work and countless hours that we've spent together pulling off some amazing weddings?! I think we make one heck of a team! 

To Rob - THANK YOU for your unending support that has allowed me to do what I love for a living. There are no words to describe how grateful I am to have such a supportive husband. I love you! 

Lastly, to Baby Schmitt - Thank you for not surprising us with an unexpected appearance at a wedding ;) Mommy is SO ready to meet you and fill her days with lots of cuddles and play time together! Just a few more weeks baby boy!!! 

My official maternity leave begins this week and will extend through the end of the year and into early 2013. We are currently in the process of restructuring some of our service levels, but I do plan to be back for the spring/summer wedding season of 2013. Details regarding our new service levels are now available on our website.

Ok, now that I have cried through this post multiple times, I will wrap things up and just simply end this post with another huge THANK YOU! :)
  
xoxo,

 

No comments: